Easy side dishes that are no fuss and delicious are the best. These maple roasted Brussels sprouts are perfect alongside any meal.
In the fall and winter when Brussels sprouts are in season, they’re a regular on my dinner roster. Not only are they hearty, but they’re super healthy, too. They’re high in Vitamin C and K, magnesium, iron, fiber, calcium, and potassium. And roasted with maple syrup? Seriously, how can you not try this dish?
You can serve these Brussels sprouts alongside any main dish. The caramelized flavour goes well with roasted meats and poultry, as well as fish. It also makes a hearty vegetarian meal when you serve them over a bowl of grains or rice.
It’s important to line your dish with tin foil so the sprouts get a little crispy. You can double the recipe and keep them as a healthy snack in the fridge.
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts, trimmed, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- After you’ve cleaned and trimmed the Brussel sprouts, pat them dry then cut in half.
- In a bowl whisk together the maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat the sprouts.
- Roast on the baking sheet for 20-25 minutes, turning over halfway through.
Shop This Post:
Like this recipe? Share it with your friends >>