Don’t let the decadence of this pecan pie fool you. It’s so easy to make you’ll wonder why you don’t make it more often.
Based on Wolfgang Puck’s recipe, this pecan pie recipe is probably one of the easiest I’ve ever made. When throwing a quick get-together with friends, this is our go-to dessert to impress—you’ll have your dinner guests wanting more! Use your favourite pie crust recipe or even pre-made frozen pie shells. It’s what’s inside that makes you come back for more.
- 1 ½ cup pecans
- 1 ½ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 Pie Crust - You can use your favourite pie crust recipe, or what I usually do is use frozen prepared pie crust that's ready to go!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Roast pecans in oven for 6-8 minutes or until golden in colour
- In a small pan over low-medium heat, heat butter until it turns brown and has a nutty aroma
- In a large bowl, cream together sugars, eggs and egg yolks, corn syrup until mixed well
- Add browned butter to sugar and egg mixture when cool
- Arrange pecan halves to bottom of the shell, and ladle the filling over the pecan halves
- Bake for 45 minutes or until centre comes out clean with a skewer
Shop This Post: